From: public-lod-requ...@w3.org [mailto:public-lod-requ...@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Kingsley Idehen
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:58 PM
To: Juan Sequeda
Cc: h...@ebusiness-unibw.org; public-lod@w3.org
Subject: Re: The Power of Virtuoso Sponger Technology

Juan Sequeda wrote:
Does Sindice crawl this (or any other semantic web search engines)?
Juan,

Sponger is not about Sindice crawling our proxy URIs. The Web of Linked
Data shouldn't be about mass crawling (search engine style) etc...  Its
really supposed to be about smarter data network traversals triggered
by
data access requests. Basically, make the pathway "on the fly",
remember
it for future reference, and know when its obsolete.

If you look at it the other way round, our Sponger has Meta Cartridges
that will lookup Sindice (via their APIs) for specific data about a
various entities. It won't seek a complete dump of Sindice etc.. The
same applies to a plethora of Web 2.0 style services.

We can do smart database queries on the Web by simply meshing
fundamental database principles with the inherent sophistication of
HTTP :-)

Kingsley

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com <http://www.juansequeda.com>
www.semanticwebaustin.org <http://www.semanticwebaustin.org>

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Martin Hepp (UniBW)