On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Karl Dubost <karl+...@la-grange.net> wrote:

> Le 13 juin 2010 à 16:54, Stuart A. Yeates a écrit :
>> If you want to encode documents such as this, I suggest that you start with
>> TEI.
>> There are a whole range of institutions, archives and libraries using
>> TEI (see a partial list at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Projects/
>> ).
>
> Many thanks Stuart, just tried to look at what was available. (specs and
> guides are not free.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "not free" but the spec is at
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index.html (and in
version control on sourceforge).

The spec printed on pulp-of-murdered-tree are $$$, mainly to cover the
cost of printing and distribution.

TEI membership has a cost, but that's only an issue if you wish to get
involved in governance (bug reports are accepted via sourceforge;
feature requests mainly via the mailing list).

cheers
stuart