Hi Keith,

On 14/03/11 13:18, Keith Alexander wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Martin Hepp
<martin.h...@ebusiness-unibw.org>  wrote:
Hi Dieter:

There are several ontology repositories available on-line, but to my knowledge
they all suffer from two serious limitations:

1. They do not rate ontologies by quality/relevance/popularity, so you do not
get any hint whether foaf:Organization or foo:Organization will be the best way
to expose your data.

Schemacache[1] used to order results by the number of documents
Sindice found it it, but this wasn't terribly effective; what we want
is  something more like "number of individual publishers using term X"
rather than "number of individual documents using term X".

The new Sindice search frontend provides a first solution towards this problematic. Sindice allows you to group search results per domain. See [1,2] as examples. It is not yet perfect, nor optimal, but this is a first try, and this might be useful for your scenario. We are currently focussing our effort in Sindice towards what we call dataset search. The dataset/domain grouping is a first step towards this big picture. We will add additional features in the future, like a more detailled summary of the datasets, e.g., its inter-relations with other datasets.

[1] http://sindice.com/search?q=foaf%3Aperson&nq=&fq=&facet.field=domain
[2] http://sindice.com/search?q=owl%3Asameas&nq=&fq=&facet.field=domain

--
Renaud Delbru