On 4/14/11 2:55 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
On 14 Apr 2011, at 12:33, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

On 4/14/11 7:10 AM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
Hi Kingsley,

On 12 Apr 2011, at 22:33, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

On 4/12/11 4:33 PM, David. Huynh wrote:
  I, as well as others I know, find the culture that has developed on this list of
barrier to posting and genuine responses, and so actually stifles discussion.
David/Hugh,

I get the point, but don't know the comment target, so I'll respond with
regards to myself as one participant in today's extensive debate with Glenn.

I hope I haven't said or inferred "this is how we/I do it" without providing at
the very least a link to what I am talking about etc?
I think that is true.
But that is exactly the issue I was raising.
As I said, I don't think this is usually the best way to respond to a post.
Hugh,

I am a little confused.

The problem is providing a link to accentuate a point or not doing so?  Put
differently you are talking about more text and fewer links or more links and
fewer text?
Hi,
Essentially different text and no links.

Hugh,

In this thread lies a simple example. If you gave me a link to the thread in question I am just a click away from truly comprehending your point. This forum is about Linked Data, right ? :-)

Please (seriously now) give me a link that exemplifies your point. Context is inherently subjective, public forums accentuate this reality.

FWIW -- I prefer to show rather than tell, I am also an instinctive dog-fooder so I link. The power of hyperlinks (links) continue to exceed my personal imagination. The productively gains that I enjoy courtesy of links is something I still can't quite quantify. That's why I haven't made a movie, post, or presentation (yet) with regards to the utter power of links.

I await your link, I do want to be much clearer about your point.

Kingsley
Best.

Kingsley
Best
Hugh
More than anything else, I believe tractable discussion and debate is good.
That's the most predictable route (I know)  to solving real problems etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President&    CEO