On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Pat Hayes <pha...@ihmc.us> wrote:
> but the serious problem with this idea is, that it makes it impossible to
> simply refer to these information resources themselves. So we would be unable
> to talk about Web pages using the Web description language RDF.

That seems too strong.

Just thinking about this alternative - that 200 responders (for the
purposes of linked data) are not considered IRs.
Instead 200 implies an assertion (for, say, http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/)

_:foo a :information-thing
_:foo :at "http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/"^^xsd:anyURI

(there exists an information resource accessible at
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/)

to which could then be asserted in your favored syntax:

_:page a :web-page
_:page :at "http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/"^^xsd:anyURI
_:page dc:creator <http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/>

This effectively flips what is now the default (you would use, e.g.
foaf:primaryTopic to go in the opposite direction)

Not that I'm advocating this. For one thing there are many information
thinks that couldn't possibly be understood as designators. (well,
shouldn't ;-)

-Alan