On 18 Jun 2011, at 17:09, AzamatAbdoullaev wrote:

> HS wrote: "The recent discussions on this list were very much about how to
> avoid making distinctions unless you have to (Just-In-Time Distinctions?) So
> why are the above distinctions needed? Particularly with regard to this
> conversation."
> It concerns your talks, going under the overpromising and undelivering title,
> "Philosophy and the Social Web", starting from the epithet "the web is now
> philosophical engineering".
> Missing the distinctions is leading to such poor online services as the
> schema.org's types.

What is missing is an argument from how not making four philosophical
distinctions can lead to schema.org :-)

I think the talk shows quite clearly how philosophy and the web are coming
together at many different levels, from the philosophy of language and
reference, to the philosophy of mind. I thought the talk was long enough as is.
It took me quite a while to put together.

But all that is talk. I am back to hacking away to build some of this stuff.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/