It was the the claim that /.well-known/void is "a standard" that I was
surprised by. It's the sort of thing that could easily be on a Rec track
somewhere, I just wasn't aware of it.

Sorry if I somehow gave the impression that VoID is a W3C Recommendation. I would consider it as a de-facto standard in the Linked Data community. Formally, though it is a W3C Note, yes.

Cheers,
        Michael
--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow