hmm, interesting questions - tell you what - if someone will tell me what the answers are for the Web, then I can think about how we might make similar answers for the Semantic Web -- seriously, the goal is a cross-cutting technology, not a single solution engine. That said, I do agree that some compelling success stories (esp in Life Science) would be good. One thing I'd love to see would be some interoperability between the products of various publishers by linking their thesauri/vocabulary/ontologies. We had a small demo of this playing with linking some Nature cancer work to some EPA cancer work via the NCI cancer ontology, but it was just a very small set as we had no funding to push this - might be an interesting thing to look at something larger scale than this as a use case...
 -JH