Hi Michael and Larry,

As I understand it, Gavin Sherlock who is a member of MGED is involved in the ontological/informatic aspect of the NIH Neuroscience Microarray Consortium. I'm also involved in the informatic aspect of this Consortium. Should we contact Gavin to see if he is also interested in this? Since all of us are very busy and I'm a believer of incrementality, we probably should aim at something small and simple to begin with and work our way up.

Cheers,

-Kei

Miller, Michael D (Rosetta) wrote:

Hi Kei and Larry,

Well, since I'm on the MGED board and principal editor of the OMG Gene
Expression (MAGE) specification, I'm probably good as anyone as a point
person.

What exactly do you envision that the MGED community can do and how we
can work together?  It's a grass-roots organization that in the last few
years became an official non-profit, so consortium is a bit too strong a
word.  It's an open community so anyone can participate, it is a matter
of having the time and desire.

One of my problems is that I'm typically very constrained for time, my
employees actually expect me to write code from time to time.  As such
I've typically just been listening in.  When I do participate, as
recently, it is as someone whose main focus is NOT ontologies or the
underpinnings of the semantic web but as someone for whom ontologies and
the semantic web are but two (important) considerations of the many
considerations for the application I work on.

cheers,
Michael

Michael Miller
Lead Software Developer