I'm interested in a scenario of how a research group in a new area could use use these kinds of termilogies in finding possibly relevant terms and then more related information.

For instance, I have collected and organized some neuroscience links into an Annotea bookmark file such as http://www.annotea.org/bookmarks/neuro.rdf. ( image http://www.annotea.org/bookmarks/neurohierarchy.png) (The CML example is probably a better case http://www.w3.org/2003/12/cmlcase/cml.html).

Now I would like to take this bookmark file and provide it as a profile to a terminology service that would try to find me some related terms. This service could process the language in my bookmarked documents, in the topic title or description, and in related topics and use the hierarchy information.

If I understood it right something less dynamic statistical analysis is currently already done in UMLS. How difficult would it be to make it more dynamic?

Marja

Olivier Bodenreider wrote:

A PDF file with the slides of my UMLS presentation this morning is available at:
http://mor.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/pres/060605-BioRDF.pdf

-- Olivier

Susie Stephens wrote:

Don't forget to participate in Monday's BioRDF call, as Olivier Bodenreider will be giving an overview of UMLS.

Call Details