That's excellent.

As may have been mentioned, we are going to try to start working on ways to use some of the BIRN tools to add a visualization & atlasing component to the upcoming demo. The intent is to start looking at how to do this with the AD Use Case, but as June pointed out in the BioRDF call yesterday, there are several reasons to want to pursue similar approaches with the PD Use Case, not least of which is we have within the BIRN well characterized light microscopic histological and MRI images, as well as some behavioral and molecular data derived from an alpha-synuclein mouse model of PD.

As I mentioned the other day, I've already asked one of the PIs on this project - Diana Price - to take a look at the HCLSIG PD Use Case, though I think that got lost over the holidays. She's still away, but when she gets back, I'll just ask her to get in touch with Don & Helen and take a look at the current Wiki pages on the PD Use Case.

There is a very strong interest within BIRN both to address semantic frameworks capable of formally characterizing pathological observations and of driving semantic integration of basic findings with clinical data. Seeing as the latter has especially been a topic where many - Helen, Chimezie, and others - have been providing valuable steps forward, I think there could be a lot to gain from investing in more synergistic collaborations that address specific semantic annotation, integration, and mining tasks within BIRN.

Cheers,
Bill