William Bug wrote:

Here, here.

I also would join Chimezie in saying I don't want to ruffle feathers on this issue, but if either NCBO and/or NLM/NCBI would start experimenting with a more broadly deployed LSID Registry & Resolution Service (NCBO for ontologies and NLM/NCBI for BioRDF data sets and/or data sets with ontology-centric annotations), I think there would be many interested in making use of it.

Agreed. The whole point of the semantic web is to come up with a standard that can broadly be applied to interconnect or integrate ontologies/data sets across different organizations (e.g., NCBO and NLM/NCBI).

Cheers,

-Kei

-Kei