Hi Trish,

I agree with you.

-Kei

Trish Whetzel wrote:
Hi Kei,

This is really exciting to see someone talking about this. I mentioned this idea last year to the hcls list and personally is a direction that I wish mged was heading in for data mining, etc.

Trish

Before going into further
detail about how to convert NINDS microarray data into OWL ...

one item i was unclear on was what the scope of conversion of microarray
data into OWL you have in mind.  my take on this, as i said previously,
is that in MAGE and eventually in MAGEv2, the actual performance of the
microarray experiment and the results are captured in the XML schema
generated from the UML model.  there is also the ability to annotate,
using the ontology package, all the objects in the XML document.  it's
this annotation i believe can be easily translated into RDF or OWL,
based on the early version of the OMG Ontology Metamodel.  the rest of
the document is easily comparable with other documents at the XML or UML
level.