At 05:53 PM 11/12/2007 +0100, Wacek Kusnierczyk wrote:

>To the maintainers of this list:  consider configuring the list so that
>messages sent to it have a prefix like [semweb-lifesci] automatically added to
>the subject line, as it is often the practice with other lists.  It helps
>filtering, sorting, and maintaining the inbox.

Our Systems Team has fielded this request many times.
Please see "Subject tagging for W3C lists" [1].

   [1] http://www.w3.org/Mail/subject-tagging

Note, in particular,

   "All messages distributed by our mailing lists are sent with a
   List-Id header identifying the list, e.g. for www-html:

   This is the standard way to identify a mailing list, per RFC 2919."