Maybe the URI note can be published under the next charter?
Maybe we/you could turn it into a journal publication / review? I guess that would cause a sudden increase of interest by HCLSIG members with an academic background :)

Sorry that I could not deliver the feedback I promised. Too many concurrent projects at the moment. I hope that I can catch up before it is too late.

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

Eric informs us that the URI note will not be published as an interest group note, the reason being that the interest group has not had a chance to discuss it in its current form and will not do so before the charter closes at the end of this month.

It is close to being finished, with most of the remaining work being transitions and wordsmithing. We plan to complete it soon and publish it somewhere and hope it will be of use to someone. As noted in the version currently available on the W3C site, you will be able to access the latest version here:

http://purl.org/science/report/uris-for-science

Best
Jonathan & Alan