The Protege Team is pleased to announce that we will be holding a Protege-OWL Short Course at Stanford University from March 23rd-25th, 2009. The course provides an introduction to ontology development in OWL, both from a theoretical standpoint and from a practical standpoint through hands-on use of the Protege platform. The course also emphasizes how to use OWL ontologies, and other semantic technologies like SWRL, to build semantic applications with examples from real-world use cases. More details about course content, as well as a complete course schedule are available online:

http://protege.stanford.edu/shortcourse/protege-owl/200903/content.html
http://protege.stanford.edu/shortcourse/protege-owl/200903/schedule.html

The course is especially geared toward beginner and intermediate users of Protege-OWL, but everyone is welcome to register. Online registration is available on the course Web site:

http://protege.stanford.edu/shortcourse/protege-owl/200903/register.html

The course will be taught by members of the Protege staff and enrollment is limited to ensure optimal learning experiences. We are currently offering a 10% discount for groups of five or more people from the same organization. Please contact the course organizers if you have additional questions about the short course: protege-shortcou...@lists.stanford.edu.

Best Regards,
The Protege Team