I apologize for missing today's HCLS call due to conflict in my schedule. The following are some updates on BioRDF:

1. The two HCLS KB's are in the process of being upgraded in terms of hardware and software. 2. As Susie suggested, I added the query federation paper to the list under the heading 'Semantic Web Documents' on the HCLS IG wiki page (http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG). 3. We continue to explore the query federation use case in the context of integrating neuroscience microarray data with other types of data. This may help serve as a use case for new SPARQL features. 4. Helen (at EBI) informed me that a new version of Gene Expression Atlas (with links to NIFSTD) might be released soon.

Cheers,

-Kei

Marshall, M.S. wrote:

Here's the reminder for Thursday's HCLS call. See
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2009-10-01_Conference_Call for
up-to-date details, snapshot pasted below.

New participants please see http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG and
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/Teleconferences and info about mibbit at
the end of this message.

Cheers,
Scott

Conference Details

     * Date of Call: Thursday October 1, 2009
     * Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), 16:00 British
Summer Time (BST), 17:00 Central European Time (CET)
     * Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
     * Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
     * Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
     * Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS").
     * IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS (see W3C IRC page
for details, or see Web IRC)
     * Duration: ~1h
     * Convener: Scott
     * Scribe: TBD

Agenda

     * News Updates by BioRDF, COI, LODD, Pharma Ontology, Scientific
Discourse, Terminology - All
     * Next F2F - All
     * Collecting use cases for new SPARQL features
     * Provenance Incubator Group - Scott
     * SKOS testimonial from HCLS
     * Semantic Web Applications and Tools for the Life Sciences
Workshop, Abstracts due: Oct. 5 - Scott
     * AOB

++++
IRC
++++

* If you do not have an IRC client installed on your computer, you can
get one of the many free one (search "irc client" and your platform), or
you can use a web-based client.

One possible web-based client you might try is Mibbit
(http://www.mibbit.com/chat/). If you use mibbit, fill out the blanks
like this: you need to click on "Server" (highlighted in red in attached
image) to reveal the "Server address" field. NOTE: this meeting will use
the "hcls" channel.

(Note that I suggest using port 80 from mibbit. The W3C irc server
supports this, and it neatly bypasses enterprise firewall issues that
many users seem to be having with port 6667.)