Thanks for confirming. I also found in neurolex the following: "Ventral tegmental area dopamine neuron". That means dopamine neuron (or dopaminergic cell) can be found in more than one brain region. As far as the "substantia nigra" is concerned, dopamine neuron is only found in its subregion " pars compacta".

-Kei

Maryann Martone wrote:

Yes