[My apologies for cross-postings, and I hope I am not misusing your mailing list]

Dear colleague,

Would you consider forwarding the following vacancy for a text mining PhD student?
http://www.nbic.nl/about-nbic/jobspositions/detail/jobdetails/phd-researcher-on-concept-recognition-and-disambiguation-in-biomedical-literature-and-clinical-recor/

My colleagues at the Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, have a full-time 4 year PhD student position available as part of an effort to create the 'Commontology', a structured representation of knowledge contained in unstructured text.

My personal additional info:
The research here is related to the international 'Concept Web Alliance' that aims to facilitate the  provision of content for the Semantic Web following a wikipedia-like approach and at a low level of granularity (for a first impression of the content visit the Concept Wiki). The BioSemantics group is at the forefront of research on extending and improving this content by computational approaches. Supervisor Martijn Schuemie is an expert in this area.

Many thanks for your help!
Marco.

--
Marco Roos (PhD)
BioSemantics group, Human Genetics department, Leiden University Medical Centre