Dear all,

Apology that I missed today's presentation due to conflicting engagement.

I believe that we have had strong demonstration that LOD is right way to go for data sharing and open access. But for HCLS, we still have way to go to prove its efficiency for supporting data analysis kind of tasks. And effective data visualization is a must towards this goal!

Although I have also been one benefiting from reusing existing visualization tools for presenting SW data, I am also a strong believer on customized tools and presentations. A lot of existing tools could be too generic to be useful for HCLS data and use cases particularly.

I've been using various js libraries and Google APIs to build heatmap kind of visualizations for gene expression data, to assist biologist to identify tissue-specific genes [1]. Everything underneath is SW technology powered. This same framework has been used by the LODD task in 2009's triplication challenge.

I'll be happy to join force building useful visualizations of hcls data based on constructive use cases. So count me in!

[1] http://www.open-biomed.org.uk/flykit/src/app/gene-expression-by-gene-batch/

-- Jun