On 4/13/12 4:38 PM, Michel Dumontier wrote:
Hi Kingsley,
Ya, at the NCBO hackathon i tried a variety of tools with the NCBO SPARQL endpoint, and the addition of the api_key=x parameter in the SPARQL URL wasn't always welcome (e.g. Relfinder would automatically append a '?' to whatever you put as a URL), but others like SILK either accept the extended URL or have an explicit parameter field. So, with the webid - do you have examples where this can be used programmatically (e.g. with a perl/java/php script)? You see, there's no need for the apikey if you use their interface.

A WebID will challenge you to present an X.509 certificate that holds your personal URI in its SAN, re. human driving browser making SPARQL calls.

Via cURL you simply use a .pem file in your call, that's it.

The above applies all the time, the SPARQL calls are just over HTTPS as opposed to HTTP. 100% unobtrusive, webby, and follow-your-nose friendly :-)

Kingsley

m.