BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Google Inc//Google Calendar 70.9054//EN
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
X-LIC-LOCATION:America/New_York
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
TZNAME:EDT
DTSTART:19700308T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=2SU
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
TZNAME:EST
DTSTART:19701101T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=11;BYDAY=1SU
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART;TZID=America/New_York:20130211T110000
DTEND;TZID=America/New_York:20130211T120000
DTSTAMP:20130211T154814Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Health Care Life Sciences:mailto:w3.h...@gmail.com
UID:vdlvjkqrkcdtv6ka9o8elgv...@google.com
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=
 TRUE;CN=Health Care Life Sciences;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:mailto:w3.h...@gmail.com
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE
 ;CN=public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:mailto:public-semweb-lifesc
 i...@w3.org
RECURRENCE-ID;TZID=America/New_York:20130211T110000
CREATED:20110108T145954Z
 ss Code: 4257 ("HCLS")\nIRC Channel: http://irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #H
 CLS \n[Note mibbit has not worked well for people lately so we've dropped i
 t from the call info]\n\nDuration: ~1 hour\nFrequency: bi-weekly\nConvener:
  M. Scott Marshall\n\n-----------------------------------------\nMeeting Su
 bject: Bio2RDF Release 2\nMeeting Date:    02/11/2013\nMeeting Time:    11:
 00 AM US/Eastern\n-----------------------------------------\n\nTo join the
 meeting from your computer or mobile device\, click or copy and paste this
 URL into your browser:\nhttps://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/9f356e6f/18544023\
 n\nTo join the audio portion of this meeting\, choose your dial in method:\
 nDial-in Number: +16465837415\nSkype: fuzeaudioplus\nInternational Numbers:
  https://www.fuzemeeting.com/numbers1\n\nWhen prompted enter the pin number
 :\nAttendee Pin Number: 47479369\n\nHaving trouble joining this meeting?\nC
 lick or copy and paste this URL into your browser to visit the Fuze Support
  page:\nhttp://www.fuzemeeting.com/support\n\n-----------------------------
 --------------------\n\nTitle: Bio2RDF Release 2: Improved coverage\, inter
 operability and\nprovenance of Linked Data for the Life Sciences\n\nAbstrac
 t: Bio2RDF is an open source project that uses Semantic Web\ntechnologies t
 o build and provide the largest network of Linked Data\nfor the Life Scienc
 es. Bio2RDF defines a set of simple conventions to\ncreate RDF(S) compatibl
 e Linked Data from a diverse set of\nheterogeneously formatted sources obta
 ined from multiple data\nproviders.  Here\, we present the second release o
 f the Bio2RDF project\nwhich features up-to-date\, open-source scripts\, IR
 I normalization\nthrough a common dataset registry\, dataset provenance\, d
 ata metrics\,\npublic SPARQL endpoints\, and compressed RDF files and full\
 ntext-indexed Virtuoso triple stores for download.  We have\nconsolidated a
 nd updated Bio2RDF scripts into a single GitHub\nrepository (http://github.
 com/bio2rdf/bio2rdf-scripts)\, which\nfacilitates collaborative development
  through issue tracking\, forking\nand pull requests. The scripts are relea
 sed with an MIT license\,\nmaking it available for any use (including comme
 rcial)\, modification\nor redistribution. Provenance regarding when and how
  the data were\ngenerated is provided using the W3C Vocabulary of Interlink
 ed Datasets\n(VoID)\, the Provenance vocabulary (PROV) and Dublin Core voca
 bulary.\nAdditional scripts were developed to compute intra- and inter-data
 set\ncomposition and connectivity. Nineteen datasets\, including 5 new\ndat
 asets and 3 aggregate datasets\, are now being offered as part of\nBio2RDF
 Release 2. Use of a common registry ensures that all Bio2RDF\ndatasets adhe
 re to strict syntactic IRI patterns\, thereby increasing\nthe quality of ge
 nerated links over previous suggested patterns.\nQuantitative metrics are n
 ow computed for each dataset and provide\nelementary information such as th
 e number of triples to a more\nsophisticated graph of the relations between
  types. While these\nmetrics provide an important overview of dataset conte
 nts\, they are\nalso used to assist in SPARQL query formulation and to moni
 tor changes\nto datasets over time. Pre-computation of these summaries free
 s up\ncomputational resources for more interesting scientific queries and\n
 also enable tracking of dataset changes with time\, which will help\nmake p
 rojections about the hardware and software requirements. We\ndemonstrate ho
 w multiple open source tools can be used to visualize\nand explore Bio2RDF
 data\, as well as how dataset metrics may be used\nto assist querying. Bio2
 RDF Release 2 marks an important milestone for\nthis open source project\,
 in that it was fully transferred into a new\nteam and development paradigm.
  Adoption of GitHub as a code\ndevelopment platform makes it easier for new
  parties to contribute and\nget feedback on RDF converters\, as well as mak
 e it possible to\nautomatically be added to the growing Bio2RDF network. Ov
 er the next\nyear we hope to offer bi-annual releases that adhere to formal
 ized\ndevelopment and release protocols.\n\nBio: Dr. Michel Dumontier is an
  Associate Professor of Bioinformatics\nin the Department of Biology\, the
 Institute of Biochemistry and School\nof Computer Science at Carleton Unive
 rsity in Ottawa\, Canada. His\nresearch aims to develop semantics-powered c
 omputational methods to\nincrease our understanding of how living systems r
 espond to chemical\nagents. At the core of the research program is the deve
 lopment and use\nof Semantic Web technologies to formally represent and rea
 son about\ndata and services so as (1) to facilitate the publishing\, shari
 ng and\ndiscovery of scientific knowledge produced by individuals and small
 \ncollectives\, (2) to enable the formulation and evaluation scientific\nhy
 potheses using our collective tools and knowledge and (3) to create\nand ma
 ke available computational methods to investigate the structure\,\nfunction
  and behaviour of living systems. Dr. Dumontier serves as a\nco-chair for t
 he World Wide Web Consortium Semantic Web in Health Care\nand Life Sciences
  Interest Group (W3C HCLSIG) and is the Scientific\nDirector for the open-s
 ource Bio2RDF linked data for life sciences\nproject.\n\n\nView your event
 at http://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=dmRsdmprcXJrY2R0djZ
 rYTlvOGVsZ3Y0cWtfMjAxMzAyMTFUMTYwMDAwWiBwdWJsaWMtc2Vtd2ViLWxpZmVzY2lAdzMub3
 Jn&tok=MTcjdzMuaGNsc0BnbWFpbC5jb21mMzZiYzJmYWE3NjdmODJjMzA1MWQ4ZDljNmQ5NjYw
 NWEwYzIyZTQ0&ctz=America/New_York&hl=en.
LAST-MODIFIED:20130211T154813Z
LOCATION:#hcls
SEQUENCE:4
STATUS:CONFIRMED