Hi all Sem Webbers!

We would love to see you at the tutorial described below!

http://icbo14.com/sessions/sadi-web-service-design-and-publication-tutorial/

(apologies that I cannot tell you whether the tutorial is on the 6th or the 7th yet - I am waiting to hear the exact schedule myself)

Cheers all!

Mark

   SADI Web Service Design and Publication Tutorial

/Presenters: Luke McCarthy (Freelance Programmer & Lead Developer of SADI)/

/Format: Tutorial <http://icbo14.com/types/tutorial/>/

This half­day tutorial will cover the core SADI design patterns, considerations for designing OWL service interface descriptions that can be dynamically discovered by DL reasoning, hands­on deployment of services in Java and in Perl using the SADI Protege plugin, and discovery, invocation, and chaining of those services in several clients.

SADI ­ Semantic Automated Discovery and Integration [1] ­ is a set of standards­compliant Semantic Web service design patterns that aim to make Web Services fit more naturally into a Linked Data/Semantic Web ecosystem, and is currently in the final editing stage to be submitted to a formal body. Using Semantic Web technologies at every level of the Web services "stack", SADI services consume and produce Linked Data described by OWL Classes, and service "behaviour" follows a small number of straightforward practices. In addition, several codebases are available that support these best­practices, and there are a variety of plug­in tools to popular developer and client tools such as Protege, Taverna, and the IO Informatics Knowledge Explorer that simplify deployment of services by providers, and the discovery and utilization of those services by their consumers.

---
is active.