On Jan 09, 2007, at 23:08, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
I updated the Selectors API specification today and added equivalent methods for element nodes. It didn't make much sense to me to postpone this.

I resolved the naming debate by going for:

* Document.get()
* Document.getAll()
* Element.get()
* Element.getAll()

These names are short, don't clash with autocomplete and provide a superset of the functionality given by the other get* methods.

Sorry, I don't wish to reopen the naming debate, but these really don't strike me as the ones closest to consensus (aside from being dreadful picks). I think there are a bunch of names that people don't like but can live with, these are just pure nonsense. I certainly know that while I would have dropped the ball on any number of bad options, if these stay in the draft I will request formal objection from my AC Rep.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
In which level of metalanguage are you now speaking?