On 1/26/07, Charles McCathieNevile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:05:13 -0500, Robert Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Roughly speaking, the rationale was that nobody except Anne felt get was
good,
there was little support for match and strong resistance, and then we got
getElementBySelectors as the only obvious choice for the single element
method -
which everyone except Anne was happy with.

An 's' on the end too? This is the worst name for an API I have seen
in a long time, and I agree with all of Hixie's comments on the
process. This is not an effective way to make changes to the Web.

--

Robert Sayre
<http://blog.mozilla.com/rob-sayre/>