On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:30:58 -0500, Bjoern Hoehrmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is out of scope of the document. The method would return all
elements that match the selector. When an element matches a selector
is defined by the CSS Selectors specification. If that specification
is unclear about this case, that's for the CSS WG to address. All
the API specification could usefully say is how getElementById(...)
compares to the method that returns a single element if we are to
keep that method, since the behavior of the two may be different.

Yes, they are prolly slightly different (although I haven't actually seen any documentation on how getElementById exactly works). Do you have any proposed text? Or should we wait until it's clear how getElementById really works?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>