Anne van Kesteren schrieb:
That's a bit misleading. What does "combine" mean precisely? Is the intent to require implementations to assume that the header format is a comma-separated list?
 Yes.

So please clarify.

Section 4.2 already talks about this quite explicitly. What do you want it to say?

First of all, it's only the last paragraph of 4.2 which talks about this, so being a bit more specific would probably help.

Also, I don't think the consequences of this are obvious to people who aren't very familiar with RFC2616, so it may make sense to spell it out explicitly ("You can't reset a header value unless it's in the above list, it will be appended instead").

If an XHR object is passed around between several parts of the code, it's not trivial to ensure that a header is only set once. Some headers have list semantics, some do not.

It would be great if a script could say:

   xhr.removeRequestHeader("xyz");
   xhr.serRequestHeader("xyz", "bar");

to make sure that the header value actually *is* "bar", and not "foo, bar", just because some other part of the code set it before.

I added this to the future version wishlist. You probably also want getRequestHeader I suppose to see what has actually been set so far.

Right.

Best regards, Julian