On Mar 30, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Simon Pieters wrote:

In the send(data) algorithm, step 3, says:

   data is not a DOMString or Document
The stringification mechanisms of the host language must be used on
      data and the result must be treated as if data is a DOMString.

I'm not sure what that means. For instance, if data is an Element, would it be serialized with .outerHTML or similar? Could it be clarified, or could an example be added, or, if the spec is fine and it's just me being slow, be explained to me? :-)

JavaScript has a toString conversion operation defined on all types. For an HTML div element it would say "[object HTMLDivElement]" or something similar.

Regards,
Maciej