Simon Pieters wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:27:50 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
The reason for two interfaces is to allow extensions to either going forward. Though presumably for ECMAScript you can implement them however you'd like as window.ElementSelector and window.DocumentSelector should probably not exist. (Just prototype Element/Document instead.)

Making them not exist is quite a bit of pain in Gecko, for what it's worth.

I guess I could do the two interfaces, but I'm having a hard time seeing different extensions being made to these two interfaces (as opposed to wholly new interfaces being invented, as was done here).

I don't have any opinion about how many interfaces there are or what they are called, but I just wanted to point out that if there's one interface then extensions for either elements or documents can still be made by making a new interface that inherits from the common interface when such an extension is needed (compare with e.g. HTMLMediaElement in HTML5).

Yeah, i think this is the way to go.

/ Jonas