Lachlan Hunt wrote:
What do they do if there is an element named <null> in the document?

IE 8 Beta: Returns null or empty NodeList

Interesting.   What happens in IE8b1 if you do:

  document.querySelector("")

?

Opera:     Returns the <null> element, or a NodeList with all of them.
           Similarly for undefined.

You mean document.querySelector(undefined) matches <undefined> nodes, right? That would be consistent with a JS Object.prototype.toString() happening on the argument, I guess. It's not clear to me how "undefined" should behave with the "NoNull" decoration, for what it's worth.

-Boris