Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
Treating null as empty string here may be sensible (no strong opinion either way) but removing the header when set to empty seems wrong. If header removal is really essential we should add a method for it.

In HTTP, absence of a header is different from having an empty value.

I can understand the argument that set(..., null) is the wrong way to remove a value. But if it doesn't, it shouldn't do anything that a non-null argument would do.

So yes, an explicit way to remove an header would be good. Otherwise we'll see broken requests on the wire (as just seen in the example I cited a few days ago).

BR, Julian