Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
On Jul 14, 2008, at 8:15 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
To avoid forcing implementers to bother implementing such a useless feature, and potentially lying about their support. Basically, this should only be for languages other than ECMAScript that don't have other detection mechanisms available, and where the programmer isn't always in control of which DOM implementation is in use where the program is run. (If the programmer is in control of that, then feature detection is useless since they can just check the documentation)

Since implementing the feature string is trivial, I'd rather it be mandatory.

I have now added a mandatory feature string.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/#dom-feature

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/