Anne van Kesteren wrote:

I'm considering dropping ByteArray support. That is, removing support for it from send() and removing responseBody for now. At this point it's not really clear what the future of ByteArray is and it seems nobody is driving that work or implementing this feature from XMLHttpRequest Level 2.

It would be nice to have access to the raw byte stream, as authors currently use ugly hacks to get to it, but higher level support for byte streams is somewhat of a prerequisite.

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully the FileUpload spec that Arun is working on can define a Blob API that we'll at some point allow sending through XHR.

/ Jonas