Hallvord R. M. Steen schreef:
If the header argument is in the list of request headers either use multiple headers, combine the values or use a combination of those (section 4.2, RFC 2616).

I think this needs to be way more specific. We probably need to verify what existing UAs do for actual header values, and make some sensible rules from that.

Just as a pointer, a while ago I blogged about some test results wrt. setRequestHeader and the Accept header
(the original comment I posted about has iirc been resolved, by the way):

http://www.grauw.nl/blog/entry/470

This lead to the following discussion on the list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0228.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0355.html

Maybe that’s useful.

~Laurens

--
Note: New email address! Please update your address book.

~~ Ushiko-san! Kimi wa doushite, Ushiko-san nan da!! ~~
Laurens Holst, student, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Website: www.grauw.nl. Backbase employee; www.backbase.com

begin:vcard
fn:Laurens Holst
n:Holst;Laurens