On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:05:23 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Art, Charles,

As was discussed during the WebApps WG F2F in Cannes, the Mobile Web
Test Suites Working Group (and in particular, Kai Hendry) has started to
work on developing test cases for the Widgets Packaging and
Configuration specification:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0235.html

There are already quite a number of test cases available there (~50),
that target well-defined part of the specifications.

Could you let our group know whether you think this is going in the
right direction, and what the next steps should be on our side?

Luckily, the co-chair of the group is at Opera, so can watch both the test development and can look inside Opera for anything we should be contributing :)

Also, would it be helpful if the tests were moved to the public CVS
server? should they sit in 2006/waf/widgets/tests/ if so?

I think it's better to have tests in CVS than to have them listed in an attachment in a mail archive. I am not fussed about where they go, but your suggestion seems as good as any. I presume that the groups will at some point go through the tests and decide whether they are happy with them all...

cheers

Chaals