On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:12:49 +0100, Kartikaya Gupta
<lists.weba...@stakface.com> wrote:

It seems to me the simplest approach would be to bind DOMTimeStamp to a number for ECMAScript (the typedef should then make it unnecessary to explicitly define in WebIDL), and create a new type to represent things that actually return Date objects like the HTMLInputElement.valueAsDate in HTML5. This is likely what I'll end up doing for our IDL files anyhow so that all the bindings get generated correctly.

Oh yep, this seems like an issue for HTML5. Is there anything other than
valueAsDate that should return a Date? Any suggestions for what I need to do in
Web DOM Core?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software