Lachlan,

On Jun 17, 2009, at 8:15 AM, ext Lachlan Hunt wrote:

Hi,
   In order to complete the transition of Selectors API to CR, there
were a number of things that needed to be done, following the call for
consensus we had in April/May.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009AprJun/ 0471.html

1. Write CR Exit Criteria

I think your proposal is OK.

2. Write updated Status of the Document section

Other than a date or two that will need to be updated before publication, I think your proposal is OK.

3. Complete the test suite

*Test Suite*

Finally, there were a number of additional tests that needed to be
reviewed and either incorporated into the test suite, or rejected.

1. Erik proposed additional tests related to using Selectors API with
SVG content. His proposal would add SVG directly into the existing test suite file. However, as the existing file is HTML, not XHTML, this will not work in current browsers, and would instead require the tests to be
in a separate XHTML file.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/ 0788.html

I would be interested in getting feedback from implementors about whether or not these additional tests should be mandatory.

2. Hixie proposed two sets of tests.  The first seems to be
non-controversial and I believe it should be integrated into the test suite.

http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/selectors/001.html

OK.

Based on past discussion, however, the second set is somewhat
controversial, and I'm not really sure whether or not they should be
included.

http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/selectors/002.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/ 0637.html

In the absence of strong support for adding this second set, perhaps they should not be included.

3. The missing tests that I pointed out relating to the namespace syntax
do need to be included, as they will test specific conformance
requirements in Selectors API that are currently not tested in the test
suite.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/ 0713.html

Additionally, in order to make the tests easier to count, I think we
should consider grouping the tests according to the level of Selectors
used for a given test, so that tests using CSS2 Selectors can be easily
distinguished from those using Selectors Level 3.  In particular, this
would make assessing IE's conformance easier since they don't claim to
support many level 3 selectors and those tests shouldn't be counted.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/ 0585.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JanMar/ 0586.html

I will work in John Resig to get those tests integrated into the test
suite soon.

Good. Please let us know when this is completed.

-Regards, Art Barstow