On Jul 2, 2009, at 12:38 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Cameron McCormack wrote:

I don’t know how important it is to keep the HTML interfaces in the
org.w3c.dom.html package, but it definitely seems important to keep DOM
Core and Events interfaces in org.w3c.dom and org.w3c.dom.events.

Why? How does it affect black-box compliance of Web-relevant
implementations of those drafts?

It seems to me that there is some benefit to making Java implementations of a Web IDL based DOM Core mostly source compatible with existing Java DOM bindings. And the cost is low.

I think letting a spec declare a module in one place in prose without wrapping all fragments in a module {} declaration could achieve this with minimum burden to spec authors.

 - Maciej