Hi,
At the last teleconf, it was requested that I prepare a list of P&C
work items that could be distributed among those WG members helping
with the standardization of widgets.  Here are a parts of emails that
need responding to (order does not denote priority, though Josh's
comments seem to be most substantive.):

2009/6/22 Krzysztof Maczyqski <198...@gmail.com>:
>> other compression formats will cause the widget package to be treated as an
>> invalid Zip archive.
> In the context of definitions present in the document this would effectively
> render the OPTIONAL (so says 3.1) support for other compression formats
> useless. As an authoring guideline, this text isn't normative, so if included
> in the final spec, should be considered false. Of course false statements are
> to be avoided.
>

>> If a CC encounters a compression method that is not one of the valid
>> compression methods,then the CC must inform the author that the Zip archive
>> is an invalid Zip archive.
> This, on the other hand, is normative. So the problem is serious. I suggest
> lowering this to a warning by CC that user agents will be allowed to treat
> the Zip archive as invalid.
>
>> If the widget package does not contain a start file, or the start file is
>> not one that is supported by a particular user agent, then the CC must
>> inform the author.
> How can a CC have knowledge of all user agents? Or do you mean a CC is a user
> agent (indeed, in general terminology, but this term has been narrowed for
> this spec in 2)?

-- Need to check all CC requirements. A lot of them assume
applicability to a user agent.  Raised by Dom as well. Another Option
is that we drop all CC requirements from this spec and move them to a
new spec.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au