Given WebApps' CORS spec, this Workshop (November 17-18 in Luxembourg) may be of interest to you:

  http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp.html

-Regards, Art Barstow

Begin forwarded message:

From: ext Ian Jacobs <i...@w3.org>
Date: September 22, 2009 4:17:49 PM EDT
Subject: W3C Workshop on Access Control Application Scenarios (Call for Participation)

I am pleased to announce an upcoming W3C Workshop:

  Access Control Application Scenarios
  17-18 November 2009
  Abbaye de Neumünster -- Luxembourg (City)
  http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp

The Workshop is sponsored by W3C and the European Commission Primelife
Project [1].

Some important dates:

  * 23 October 2009: Statements of interest (position papers) due
  * 30 October 2009: Acceptance notification sent.
  * 06 November 2009: Program released, deadline for registration
  * 17-18 November 2009: Workshop

This Workshop brings together worldwide research and user communities
to explore evolving application scenarios for access control
technologies, such as XACML. Results form a number of recent European
research projects in the grid, cloud computing, and privacy areas show
overlapping use cases for these technologies that extend beyond
classical intra-enterprise applications. At this Workshop, we will
explore commonalities between different application scenarios, and
standardization needs (at W3C and elsewhere) above and beyond the
technology substrate that exists today. It is also the fruit of
cooperation between multiple research projects and the NESSI[2]
European Technology Platform standardization initiative.

This Workshop is intended to explore the wider space of access control
applications. It is W3C's goal to facilitate a broad dialogue of
relevant industry and research players. By identifying commonalities
between access control applications across diverse use cases, the
Workshop will help identify standardization opportunities in the
access control space, both at W3C and elsewhere.

Hal Lockhart, co-Chair of the XACML TC at OASIS is currently exploring
the possibility to co-chair the Workshop. Rigo Wenning (W3C) and
responsible for the Primelife Project within W3C will also co-chair.
The Program Committee has key persons from access control, privacy and
services area with major industry participation. We look forward to
your participation and contributions to this Workshop.

If you have any questions, please contact Rigo Wenning <r...@w3.org>.

More information is available in the Call for Participation:
  http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp