On Nov 7, 2009, at 3:53 PM, ext Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

The draft minutes are included at
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/02-webapps-minutes.html starting from the WebIDL

Thanks for the summaries Chaals!

Offline storage / databases
The SQL-based Web Database proposal will probably not be implemented by major players so is being shifted to a "parked and of historical interest"
mode while we work on the Web Simple Database proposal from Nikunj. We
also touched on Datacache, and ended with an action for Nikunj to explain
how it relates to appcache if you have the two running together.

The minutes for the Web Database discussion [1] don't address what we mean by "parking" Web Database.

I heard Hixie say it should be included in a call for pre-LC comments thus I included it in the related call on 4 November [2] and members of the group have an opportunity to raise issues if they think Web Database is not ready for a LCWD.

However, later in the week, I participated in some hallway discussions where members of the group said they prefer Web Database be "parked" by publishing it as a Working Group Note (rather than a LCWD):

[[
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#q75

Working Group Note

A Working Group Note is published by a chartered Working Group to indicate that work has ended on a particular topic. A Working Group MAY publish a Working Group Note with or without its prior publication as a Working Draft.
]]

So, when we say we want to "park" Web Database, what do we mean: publish as LCWD, publish as Working Group note, something else? If necessary, we can start a CfC on this question.

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/02-webapps-minutes.html#item12
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/ 0477.html