On Dec 16, 2009, at 11:30 PM, Devdatta wrote:

hmm.. just a XDR GET on the file at hixie.ch which allows access only
if the request is from damowmow.com ?

I am not sure -- is there anything special about XBL bindings which
would result in this not working ?

If I recall correctly, XDR sends an Origin header, so it would work for this kind of use case so long as the resource is not per-user. XDR essentially uses a profile of CORS with the credentials flag always off. UM is different - it would not send an Origin header. So it would be more difficult to apply it to Hixie's problem.

Regards,
Maciej

Cheers
devdatta