On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 03:45:54 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
I'm not really convinced we need all of

 http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/UMP/

to handle the simple use case it is for. I think UMP can be layered on top of CORS by simply letting the origin be a unique identifier and always have
the credentials flag be false. A new constructor could be used for
XMLHttpRequest -- maybe called AnonXMLHttpRequest() -- to enable this
behavior.

Since most people in the WG seem to think we should have both UMP and CORS
this solution seems much more straightforward and practical.

Thoughts?

What do you mean by "unique identifier"?

The same as HTML5? I.e. something that results in Origin: null.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/