On Apr 8, 2010, at 5:40 AM, Tyler Close wrote:

Reading between the lines, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, I
suspect what you're really saying is that you don't want two specs to
exist and you feel committed to CORS.

I'm saying the latter, but not the former. So long as UMP is a subset of CORS according to an objective standard we all agree on, and so long as we have done due diligence to conform this, I have no personal objection to advancing it. Note: I do not believe this is currently true, but I believe we could easily make it true.

The purpose of my message was to note that the UMP spec is unlikely to factor directly into Apple's plans, since there was a specific question about implementor interest. I do not mean to imply that Apple's level of interest should be the deciding factor.

Regards,
Maciej