On 19.04.2010 17:44, Jonas Sicking wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM, Julian Reschke<julian.resc...@gmx.de>  wrote:
On 19.04.2010 10:03, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

I already did. If multiple layers blocked unknown response headers,
and each needed a separate way to opt them back in, we'd be in trouble.

But that's not the case here. The blocking is solely at the API surface.
No one is suggesting that proxies should block unknown response headers.

For the application, it's totally irrelevant who's blocking the header. If
it's blocked, it can't be used, and people *will* come up with ugly
workarounds which are likely to cause even more problems in the future.

Unfortunately a blacklist approach is simply not safe enough. Fixing
security problems as they come up is not good enough as the turnaround
time is much too slow.

I'd like to see a detailed explanation for each of the headers in the IANA http reader registry why it's not allowed.

That should give us an insight about what the actual problem is (yes, I do see it for some headers), and then maybe give us some insight about how this translates to future headers.

Best regards, Julian