On 6/8/2010 10:22 AM, bugzi...@jessica.w3.org wrote:
When you open an objectStore with a read only mode, any subsequent write
operation should probably result in an error.  I don't see anywhere in the spec
that specifically says this or mentions what error code should be used.
Currently in the spec, writing with the noOverwrite flag set causes a
CONSTRAINT_ERR, so I'm guessing that's the best one to go with for this
condition as well?
What about just creating a new error code for this? I don't like overloading error codes here for different meanings (while I can see how someone might view this as a constraint error, I think we could do better). New error codes are cheap, right?

Cheers,

Shawn