On 7/6/2010 6:31 PM, Nikunj Mehta wrote:
To begin with, 10052 shuts down the "users" of the database completely when
only one is changing its structure, i.e., adding or removing an object
store. How can we make it less draconian? Secondly, I don't see how that
approach can produce atomic changes to the database. Thirdly, we shouldn't
need to change version in order to perform database changes. Finally, I am
not sure why you consider the syntax proposal simpler. Note that I am not
averse to the version change event notification.
In what use case would you want to change the database structure without modifying the version? That almost seems like a footgun for consumers.

Cheers,

Shawn