Anne van Kesteren wrote:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:05:10 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
CORS was recently clarified to say that error responses, such as
4xx/5xx responses, should not abort the various algorithms but instead
such a response should be forwarded to, for example, the
XMLHttpRequest implementation.

However it seems somewhat strange to me to do this with responses to
the preflight OPTIONS request. If a OPTIONS request results in a 404,
then it seems to me that the request can not be considered successful,
and that access to place the "real" request should not be granted.
Otherwise we are essentially ignoring the status code and not exposing
it anywhere, which seems strange.

So preflight requests should only succeed if the status code of the response is 200, correct? All other status codes mean failure? (Not counting 1xx here, as they are transport codes, not response codes.)

does the response to a pre-flight have a message body? if not would 204 No Content be suited for "success" and 4xx/5xx for failure.

How are 3xx being handled, if the response is a 3xx then does it still require preflight & additional request just to then repeat on another URL?

Best,

Nathan