On 22.09.2010 21:16, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:19:08 +0200, Julian Reschke
<julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:
For PROPFIND (and other methods defined to be "safe"): it really
doesn't make sense to do a preflight OPTIONS for PROPFIND. Both are
defined to be safe. Both could have broken server implementations.

We don't want to keep updating the "safe" list. So they're all "unsafe".
Or maybe not "unsafe", just not compatible with HTML forms.

I personally think that's not the best choice.

But anyway, please consider rephrasing the spec so that the rational doesn't pretend it has anything to do with safeness (lack of side-effects).

Best regards, Julian