On 10/27/10 3:21 AM, Darin Fisher wrote:
    I have no problem with hinting to the implementor that the result is
    expected to be used as a Blob so they can optimistically store it to
    disk.  My problem is with then making it impossible to get it as a
    string if needed later (which would just involve reading the data
    from disk into memory).

Yes, but doing so is inefficient since the API requires the data to be
in memory synchronously.  We don't want to block the UI thread on disk IO.

Well... either this will be a rare case (how rare compared to the data just being paged out?) or it'll be common enough that the exceptions thrown in that situation in the current proposal would be a problem, no?

-Boris